The Avenues Promise
Understandably, in the past months the country’s primary focus and resources have been deployed in the battle against Covid-19. An opioid epidemic that continues to kill Americans at devastating rates has been shifted to the sidelines. Coronavirus has not eliminated our nation’s addiction crisis, and those suffering cannot be forgotten.
The choice to seek treatment is to be admired, especially during this unprecedented period of confusion and fear.
At Avenues Recovery, we have not abandoned our posts. We remain at the forefront of the fight for recovery. We promise to overcome any adversity, we promise to meet all challenges, and we promise to be there for each member of the Avenues Recovery Community.
We are committed to achieving this without compromising on health and safety. The wellbeing of our staff and clients, both physically and emotionally, remain our absolute highest priority.
Measures we are taking
The highest standards of infection control are present throughout the entire Avenues network of facilities. Based on CDC and WHO recommendations, we have implemented the following additional precautions:
At Our Facilities
- All commonly touched surfaces are wiped down and disinfected multiple times a day.
- Avenues contracts with professional cleaning companies to deep clean and disinfect each facility.
- Floor markings in six feet intervals are used to help enforce social distancing.
- All staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms. This screening includes daily temperature checks.
- Upon arriving to work, each staff member reports to a designated ‘decontamination area’ where all personal belongings being brought into the facility are disinfected.
- Per CDC recommendations, all staff are asked to don masks.
- Prior to admission, all new clients are thoroughly screened for COVID-19 symptoms by a professional. All new admissions are asked to wear masks for an identified period of time.
- All clients have access to PPE and are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
Avenues believes that connection to others, especially family and support systems, is an important part of the recovery process. Unfortunately, due to the risk of spreading the virus and infecting the community, Avenues is not allowing visitors until further notice. However, Avenues’ has deployed the use of Telehealth to ensure family remains involved in their loved one’s treatment.
As always, Avenues educates, encourages and prioritizes hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.